Confederation of Indian Pharmaceutical Industry (CIPI)
is the apex body of the manufacturers of drugs and pharmaceutics in the country representing small and medium scale units. All the major State level associations of the Pharmaceutical manufacturers in this segment are federating members of CIPI representing about 7000 pharmaceuticals units and having domestic turn over Rs.20,000 crores and exports approximate Rs.15,000 crores. CIPI members provide employments to the large number of qualified, skilled and semi skilled persons, total employment being more than five lakhs.
In different aspects of CIPI’s success-stewardship and what it takes to ensure that we continue to become better with the passage of time and forever keep improving the lot of our fellow members. Pharmaceutical and drugs industry is a very research and development focused industry where process excellence and business innovation play a vital role in building and sustaining our success-momentum. However some times arbitrary laws and indifferent government action holds us all to ransom while creating troublesome bottlenecks and irritating hindrances in our path to progress. As small and medium sized units we often do not have the time and energy to make the government and legislature heed to our honest demands, but collectively under CIPI banner and its able leadership we do have the required ability and power to make the government take notice of our sincere demands and even change unjust laws and regulations.
- To bring together the members of Industry Associations into a body and to form a forum for representation to the Government or the other Public Authorities, Mercantile and Public bodies in India and elsewhere.
- To educate all those who have interest and / or stake in the Pharmaceutical Industry in SS (Small Scale) in the various matters connected with the Industry, to position or direct the Manufacturers on a purposeful role in relation to the welfare of the Public and the Society.
- To further mutual assistance on Industry problems and to make representations to the Governments (State and Central) upon matters pertaining or related to the Industry.
- To watch and protect the general, commercial and business interest of the members and to take steps to advise them whenever it is necessary.
- Protection from amended law for spurious drugs punishment that treats us like terrorists having stiff penalties and non-bail able provisions